Supporting text is from the Amazon.com site
This book provides a holistic consideration of climate change that goes beyond pure science, fleshing out the discussion by considering cultural, historical, and policy-driven aspects of this important issue.
• Contributions from more than 100 experts
• Excerpts from reports from international organizations such as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
• Transcripts of speeches from world leaders on the climate change issue
• Sidebars on the “climate-history connection” explore the possible links between climate and key events through history, such as the Classical Maya collapse
• Essential, annotated primary sources
• Quotes from policy makers, scientists, eyewitnesses to climate change, and social and cultural leaders